Victoria Fireworks Safety Guide
ALL FIREWORKS SOLD BY VICTORIA FIREWORKS INC. ARE FEDERAL CLASS 7.2.1 AUTHORIZED EXPLOSIVES APPROVED FOR SALE TO PERSONS 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER.
PURCHASER BEARS RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFE USE OF FIREWORKS.
APPOINT ONE PERSON TO BE IN CHARGE OF YOUR DISPLAY AND POSSIBLY 2-6 ASSISTANTS.MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS.
- NO fireworks, except sparklers, are intended to be held in the hand.
- Do NOT allow smoking or drinking near fireworks.
- Keep audience at least 30 feet back for displays of Fountains, Wheels and Strobe Lights, and at least 100 feet back for displays of all other fireworks. WATCH CHILDREN CAREFULLY.
- Sparklers - The first one will be more difficult to ignite - subsequently, light one from another. Keep children 6 feet apart and do not allow them to wave sparklers in each other's faces. Teach them to fully extend their arm in front of them. Make sure children are far away from unlit fireworks. Do not set off fireworks when children are using sparklers. Do not use on birthday cakes.
- Be familiar with all of your fireworks before starting your display. Notice that there are various types and locations of wicks - i.e. items with blue paper, the blue paper is the wick.
- If an item does not light easily, or does, but seem to fizzle out, stand back and do not handle for 5 minutes.
- You should have 3 or more lighting areas. Candle style items are designed to be planted at least halfway in pails or wheelbarrows of earth or into the ground. Plastic base items must be on a flat surface.
- Wheels - Nail securely to post or fence, allowing spinning clearance.
- Do NOT leave fireworks unattended or close to lighting area.
- Always keep unlit fireworks pointing away from people.
- Have a large pail of water handy and be sure to hose down all debris after your display.
- High winds will affect the quality of your display and may create a hazard. Be sure firing area has lots of surrounding open space and no overhead wires or overhanging trees.